Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

On the Fourth Weekend of March, My Birthday Gave to Me...

...a lovely Sakura Matsuri and a mountain of work for MTAC!

So this past weekend was the Cherry Blossom Festival hosted by our local Consulate General of Japan and it's always something I look forward to, but am a bit wary about each year.

You see, I look forward to it because TAKOYAKI!

Also, lolita with my friends, hanging out with people I don't get to see often, educating people on Japanese culture and fashion, sometimes wearing cosplay, enjoying the lectures and performances...

(click to view larger)

But really, it's all about the takoyaki.

And funnel cake :)

Th reason why I DON'T look forward to it is because it always rains on the day of the festival, without fail! I've attended the last three years and every year we've been rained out each time. This year was a bit better in that the rain waited until after the festival, but it was super cold and cloudy all day.

Still we all had a good time and I got to give a lecture about Japanese Street fashion (which I was somewhat unprepared for, but it turned out alright), which had one of the largest audiences at the festival!

(Photo by Kate Canes)

And one of the best parts was that I got to spend SO MUCH TIME WITH KATIE! XD This girl, I cannot even tell you, is an inspiration and an awesome friend! I love having her around and I'm so glad that I got to spend this past weekend with her and that I'll get to spend even MORE time with her this coming weekend!

Nothing else about this weekend even matters because it was all no-fun working-for-MTAC stuff. Spent Sunday night sorting out the last of everything at the Go/No-Go meeting and have been tying off loose ends ever since. This weekend is when it will all comes to a head! This weekend! The fifth and final weekend of March! Ack, it feels like everything snuck up on me! Welp, no time for whining, time to make this thing happen.

After I've recovered, look for an article and photo dump of stuff from MTAC sometime next week!

Until then, my dears

♥ Princess Kisha 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the turnout at your impromptu panel! You looked precious. I love that PURSE. Purses that look like envelopes always appeal to me, but the big bows make this one way better.

    <3 jen @ librarian tells all

    ReplyDelete