Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

MTAC Came and Went, and Here I Am.

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts, I really just had to enjoy some of the free time I suddenly had right after the con.

So yeah, MTAC was the weekend before last and I can truly say that I'm glad it's over, at least for now. I won't go into details, but that weekend was pretty awful for me and I really just needed to be done with it and backed well away before I could really post anything about it. Anything I could have said before now would have been really boring for you all, so I got my feelings straightened out before deciding to update here again.

Now don't get me wrong, MTAC really is an amazing convention and had I just been a congoer, I would have had a blast, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, I worked the weekend away and barely got to spend any time doing anything outside of that.

But I DO have some highlights from the weekend that I'd like to share.

On Thursday and Friday of the con, I really did just spend a ton of time running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I even had an outfit planned for Friday and didn't end up getting to wear it because I had to hit the ground running at 7:30am until things finally calmed down at 9pm, leaving me enough time to change into my "evening outfit". You see, last year I won MTAC's Risque Cosplay contest with my silly Princess Peach burlesque routine and as a result, I ended up being one of the judges for this year. I very well couldn't show up in jeans and a Hello Kitty t-shirt, now could I?

(Photo by Terry Sherer)

Here I am, cheesin' with Hipster Hulk. Oh yeah, we're dorks. The winner was this super adorable Harley Quinn who danced right out of her corset, and into the hearts of the audience and all of the judges. I was happy to see her take the grand prize!

The next day I was prepared and woke up at 6am to get ready, knowing that people would be expecting me to report at 7. I was able to put together my creepy cute outfit from my Polyvore and I think it turned out very nicely!

(Photo by Sarah LeFebvre)

I wish I had gotten better pictures of this or any picture of my Sunday outfit at all, but both of them turned out really well, I think. I made the bat necklace and eyeball broach on my headbow, BTW. Better pictures of those to come, I had such a blast making them and would love to show them off more.

On Sunday, I finally carved out about an hour to visit the dealer room and I'm sooooo glad I did! I picked up several things, but being a HUGE Macross fan, these, by far, were the most exciting purchases:


First I got this lovely Sheryl Nome figure from the Macross Frontier/7 crossover that they are doing for the 30th anniversary. I fell to my knees when I saw her, wearing Basara's outfit and everything. The seller give her to me for 25% off because one of her pegs was broken, only to get home and realize that her base and pegs are fine! Yay deals!



Do yourself a favor and click on the images to view them larger, because she is so gorgeous. She's from one pretty swanky looking Banpresto Macross Frontier prize set from which I also snagged this little gem:


I already had the plate and spoon from a previous Banpresto prize set, but I picked up the teapot at MTAC and now I just have to find the cup to complete the set. My new lovelies have already found a spot on my over-flowing figure shelf.


I also got a totally awesome dinosaur kigurumi (a throwback to the days when I was still doing "Geekzilla vs. the World") and a stuffed Gloomy Bear. How I ever lived without a kigurumi in my life before now, I don't even know. Best pajamas ever!

Overall, glad that MTAC's over, glad I had the opportunity to help make it happen, and glad to finally have some time to rest. In fact, as of Monday I've been on medical leave from work for slicing my hand open while washing dishes :( . It's a bit more of a break than I wanted, but I will certainly try and be productive with the time :)

Lots of love!

♥ Princess Kisha 


No comments:

Post a Comment